Wednesday, May 2

Zindagi, Dogs, Politics, Payment, Walk and Ipod



Early morning walk around the lake always prepares me to face the day and all its atrocities.
I was walking with my thoughts pregnant about the movie which I saw yesterday "Zindagi Nah Milegi Dobara".

Something inside me kept repeating these lines from the movie
               Dilon mein tum apni
               Betaabiyan leke chal rahe ho
               Toh zinda ho tum
               Nazar mein khwabon ki
               Bijliyan leke chal rahe ho
               Toh zinda ho tum

I usually see a small girl playing with 3 dogs. She must be the daughter of some building construction worker. Today she was missing but the dogs were running around and  barking. That is when I noticed there were 2 new dogs in the locality and these 3 dogs were barking at those 2 intruders displaying territorial threat. In a very strange way this reminded me of politicians and their election speeches. I made a mental mode of using this as an example to explain the concept of "survival of the fittest" to my son as I walked away from that place.

In the midst of the silence around the lake and a fading dog barks.. I heard this man talking very loud on cell phone. His teenage slightly obese daughter accompanies him everyday. Today she was walking a few yards behind him allowing her dad to attend the phone call. I could hear him shouting "Ghar aaoge? Dhamki dhena math. Kya meine payment dhene se inkar kiya?"   I walked past his daughter. I glanced at her to smile as I usually do and noticed her moist eyes.
I could not do much but think of lines from "Zindagi Nah Milegi Dobara" 
              Jab jab dard ka baadal chaya
              Jab ghum ka saya lehraya
              Jab aansoo palkon tak aya
              Jab yeh tanha dil ghabraya
              Humne dil ko yeh samjhaya
              Dil aakhir tu kyun rota hai
              Duniya mein yunhi hota hai

A realization.. people around me also have life and pain. they are not just lurkers in the movie where me and my family are the main characters. 

And then I saw that handsome lady who jogs in the cricket ground next to lake. She was leaving the ground and I saw her come to the pavement where the bikes are parked.  She then took out her key and started that Thunderbird Big bike. All these days I was thinking that this thunderbird belonged to that bald man who sits on the bench near the lake and smokes!!  That old man in long white kurta over a grey formal trouser was sitting in a different bench and not on the bench near the boat.

So many observations in a day!! thats when I realized another thing. Sometimes we are too engrossed or afraid to switch off and look up from our iPhones / iPod to see the reality.  I remembered my Srivats's words "We should switch off the lights to see the stars". 

8 comments:

  1. Awesome...loved it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good post.

    Another thought occured to me - We so much empathise with outsiders, yet when we are at home, we spend more time on the net than with our own family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. true.. guilty as charged.

      Delete
  3. Yaar...kahaa kho gayen ?
    Badi der kardi Blog update karney me :-)

    "Dil aakhir tu kyun rota hai
    Duniya mein yunhi hota hai"

    Didn't I tell you that the words in Hindi are so good,nice,touching and convenient to express one's feelings.It is the wordings that made me get hooked to Hindi Lyrics.

    Btw Patni moves into Oblivion

    http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/tech/ites/patni-computer-systems-that-spawned-offshoring-moulded-infosys-men-finally-fades-into-oblivion/articleshow/13041550.cms


    Have a great day,
    K.Kiran.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @kiran
      Heyy!! yaa long time..
      How are you doing? in chennai? still travelling around in the new job profile??
      btw .. I have shifted to Hyd.

      hmm yeah .. true.. but i have read equally moving poems in tamil too.. But i loved these words.. loved them

      Patni.. death of the brand was a bad news. the place where i started my career is not there any more. But yeah .. it taught a lot to me :)

      Delete
  4. Preethe,

    I was in Chennai.
    I am in Chennai.
    I will be in Chennai.

    Lol....I like to answer it that way when someone asks me "Are you STILL in Chennai ?"
    Today Whatever I am is solely due to Chennai.

    Just to give you a glimpse of my improvement in TAMIZH....."Namma Chennai Semma Chennai" :-)

    You moved to Hyd ? That's a surprise.
    What's up with dude Raghav :-)

    Keep Blogging,

    Have a great day,
    K.Kiran.

    ReplyDelete